Scientists Artists & Athletes

Santa Ana Extraordinary Ability Visa Lawyer

Acquiring O & P Visas for Artists, Entertainers, Scientists, Athletes, and Other Renowned Professionals

Individuals who have made outstanding achievements, gained international acclaim, and/or risen to the top of their respective fields deserve the opportunity to continue expanding their influence and sharing their contributions with the world. In recognition of these individuals, the United States government grants temporary status to those who can demonstrate their extraordinary abilities, achievements, or international recognition through various forms of evidence. If you are such an individual, or you are looking to bring such an individual to the United States, you may be considering the O or P visa.

At the U.S. Immigration Law Group, LLP, our Santa Ana extraordinary ability visa attorneys have secured hundreds of visas for clients from all around the world. Our high-powered legal team has decades of experience, which we use every day to help our clients accomplish their legal, financial, and personal goals. We can help you understand everything you need to know about how to qualify, how to apply, and how to maximize your likelihood of obtaining an O or P visa.

Schedule your initial case evaluation today with our Santa Ana extraordinary ability visa lawyers by calling (714) 786-1166 or completing our online contact form.

O Visas

The O visa is a nonimmigrant, employment-based visa, granting temporary status to individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, and athletics, or who have made extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television industry. Because of this high standard, the O visa is much more difficult to obtain than the H-1B visa, which is for workers in specialty occupations.

The O visas include the following:

  • O-1A for individuals in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. Extraordinary ability refers to a level of expertise achieved only by the small percentage of individuals at the top of their field.
  • O-1B for individuals in the arts or motion picture/television industry. Extraordinary ability refers to distinction, prominence, and other signs of outstanding achievement.
  • O-2 for the essential support personnel of an O-1 artist or athlete. The services of this support personnel must be integral to the O-1A or O-1B visa holder’s performance, competition, or other qualifying event. These services must not be easily replicated by U.S. workers.
  • O-3 for the spouse and/or children of an O-1A or O-1B visa holder. Children must be under 21 to qualify. Neither the spouse nor the children can work, but they can participate in full-time or part-time study while in the United States.

The O visa category requires a qualifying U.S. employer or agent of a foreign employer to sponsor (i.e. file the petition on behalf of) the prospective beneficiary. The initial period of stay is no more than three years, and it can be extended for up to one year.

P Visas

Like O visas, P visas are for artists, athletes, and other entertainers. Unlike O visas, however, P visas do not require you to demonstrate extraordinary ability.

The P category is divided into four types of visas:

  • P-1: for internationally recognized athletes (P-1A) and members of internationally recognized entertainment groups (P-1B).
  • P-2: for artists or entertainers who will participate in a reciprocal exchange program between the U.S. and a foreign organization.
  • P-3: for performers, teachers, or coaches in an arts/entertainment program that is culturally unique.
  • P-4: for the family members (spouse and children) of P-1, P-2, and P-3 visa holders.

P visas generally grant up to one year of status, which can be extended in one-year increments until the performances, competitions, and other qualifying events are completed.

Apply for an O or P visa with assistance from our highly experienced Santa Ana extraordinary ability visa attorneys at U.S. Immigration Law Group, LLP. Call (714) 786-1166 or contact us online today to begin with an initial case evaluation.

We're Here For You

Need guidance on an immigration issue for you or a loved one? You can call today at (714) 786-1166, fill out the form below or follow the link to schedule a consultation.

Ready to Discuss Your Case?

Fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.